New top story on Technology News: Ask HN: Microsoft blocked my outlook.com account for using a VPN. Any ideas?

Ask HN: Microsoft blocked my outlook.com account for using a VPN. Any ideas?
25 by _Understated_ | 8 comments on Hacker News.
As the title suggests, my outlook.com account has been suspended due to violations. However, I can't find any reference in their terms and conditions to my specific violation. The reason is that I use NordVPN to connect to the internet. Any ideas? I can't do anything without that account as changing my email on many services requires access to my old email. Over the years I have read many stories on here of this happening to people, mainly on Google services, and it pretty much stops them dead in their tracks... well, now it's happened to me. I've been thinking about it over the last several days and, legitimately, the only possible recourse is to run your own email server. Now this has it's own issues but it means I have (almost) total control over my data. Anyway, as the title suggests, any ideas? I just need to get it reinstated so I can move all my email away from it now.

Comments